Anyone who has tried to source fire marshal training London will know there are lots of companies offering fire safety training course services – all of whom profess to offer courses that will help the managers comply with the law!
This short article gives managers an overview of what their fire marshal training in London should include, how long it should take and how often fire marshals should have training.
Minimum content should include:
- Details of the fire emergency plan
- Fire evacuation procedure
- Fire extinguishers
- Disabled fire procedures
- Significant findings of the fire risk assessment
- Fire drills (although not necessarily as part of the fire marshal training day)
How long should the training take?
- There is no required length of the fire marshal training London
- Training should be given by a competent person with sufficient knowledge, training and expertise
Frequency of fire marshal training
- It is up to the manager but the decision should be based on the findings of the fire risk assessment and the fire emergency plan. We recommend greater frequency if there is high turnover of staff or high life risk.